Sunday, November 29, 2009

Making Learning Fun


I remember when I was in 6th grade when my elementary school made a very interesting purchase. The school purchased about 30 Sony Playstations. Now many parents may see the gaming industry as a threat to learning and fitness, but video games can very much encourage children to discover how fun learning can be! When I was younger I actually learned to add by playing some Nintendo games. At the end of each level the game would give you two digit points and reset a one-hundred points. I would always try to add my new score to my current score before the game showed me. Today, companies like Leapfrog are finding many new ways to help children learn with fun handheld games. Kids can play games featuring their favorite characters, while also maintaining an emphasis on learning. I believe that games can encourage children to keep learning, and help reinforce that learning can be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment